IT Annual Purchase (ITAP) FY 2013
Are you eligible for ITAP funding?
Employees are eligible for College of Arts and Sciences Information Technology Annual Purchase Funding if they meet the following criteria:
- The majority of their work hours are spent within the College of Arts and Sciences.
- They have a UVM FTE of .75 or greater for at least 9 months.
- The majority of their salary is paid out of the General Fund.
- The body of work being performed requires a computer.
Is your computer eligible for replacement this year?
Your computer is eligible for replacement if it was delivered to you prior to September 1, 2009. As a general rule,the machines we were buying at that point were the following:
- Dell Optiplex 755D
- Dell Latitude E6400
- 20" Intel 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo Apple iMac
- 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo Apple Aluminum Macbook
If your computer matches one of the above configurations (or is older), and was new when it came to you, it is probably eligible for replacement.
To determine the delivery date of your computer, you can use one of the following two methods. Note that the instructions below will also assist you in locating your Service Tag or Serial Number which is required in order to place a request.
For Dell Computers - Dell Support Site
- Locate the service tag number of your computer. This is located on a white tag with a barcode somewhere on the "computer" part of your machine, not on the monitor.. It will be an alphanumeric of at least six places or more. On Dell Optiplex (desktop) computers, the service tag is on either a white tag in black lettering or a black tag with silver lettering, and is found on the back or side of the computer itself. On Dell Latitude (laptop) computers, the service tag is on the bottom, black lettering on a white sticker. These stickers do sometimes fall off. If that is the case with your computer, just note as much in your request to your Chair.
- Go to http://support.dell.com
- Under Support Options on the left hand side of the screen, scroll down to "Warranty Information" and click on "Warranty Status".
- Enter your Service Tag number in the field provided and click "Submit".
- Click on the Warranty tab and the Ship Date is your date of delivery.
FYI If your computer is still under warranty then it is under three years old and therefore not eligible for replacement.
For Apple computers - Apple Support Site
- Locate the serial number of your computer. The simplest way to do this is to startup the "System Profiler" Utility found under Macintosh HD | Applications | Utilities. The serial number is listed under "Hardware Overview". Apple's serial numbers are otherwise written in tiny letters on the bottom of the "foot" of the iMac or inside the battery compartment of Macbook and Macbook Pro laptops. It's far easier to locate and read the serial number via System Profiler.
- Go to http://www.apple.com/support
- In the "Service and Support" area on the right hand side of the window, click on "Online Service Assistant".
- Enter your serial number from step 1 above in the field indicated, select United States from the Country drop down menu and click Continue .
FYI If your machine is still under AppleCare coverage, then it is under three years old and not eligible for replacement.
If your machine is no longer under AppleCare coverage then it is at least three years old and MAY be eligible. Send your serial number to CAS Computing Services and we will look up your actual date of delivery.
NOTE: if a Macintosh has never been "looked up" on the Applecare warranty website, then the site may ask you to "register" the machine. Please stop at that point and send the serial number to CAS Computing for confirmation.
Last modified October 18 2012 05:24 PM