International Application Guide
All students applying to the University of Vermont (UVM) use the Common Application. You must apply directly to one of UVM’s seven Schools and Colleges for a program of study that best matches your education and career goals. Our committee review of your application is holistic and takes into account the strength of your academic record, your test scores, recommendations, essay, extracurricular activities and personal qualities. If you are not eligible for admission into your first choice of school or college, you will be considered for your second choice.
A step-by-step guide to the international admissions process
- Please submit the online Common Application if you are completing high school or secondary school. Submit the Transfer Common Application if you have already completed high school or secondary school and have started university-level work. Check our important dates and deadlines. When you apply, you will choose one of our seven undergraduate colleges or schools. Please review our entrance criteria.
- Submit the nonrefundable $55 (US) application fee with your application. Without this fee, your application will be incomplete.
- Please ask your school administrators to forward all appropriate transcripts and recommendations directly to the Office of Admissions. If these transcripts are not in English, we require both the original and a certified translation into English. This original documentation must include all secondary school courses with marks earned, in addition to secondary school completion examination scores. If you are or have been a university student, you will need to arrange for your university to send your original transcript directly to the Office of Admissions (we will accept college transcripts electronically from a College or University’s Registrar’s Office: email@example.com)
- All first time first-year applicants must send official SAT or ACT scores to the Office of Admissions. UVM requires the scores to be sent by the testing agency. Transfer students do not need to submit SAT or ACT results.
- All applicants whose first language is not English must send official TOEFL or IELTS test scores to the Office of Admissions. We require the scores to be sent by the testing agency directly to the Office of Admissions. Our minimum TOEFL iBT score for direct entry is 90, and IELTS score is 6.5. Students who need English language instruction prior to beginning college-level coursework, may apply to the UVM Global Gateway program (GGP). The TOEFL minimum for the 2-term GGP is 65 and the IELTS minimum is 6.0. The TOEFL minimum for the 3-term GGP is 55 and the IELTS minimum is 5.5.
Application review begins once all documentation has been received.
Now, please apply!
Last modified August 18 2014 09:54 PM