Greetings, International Students!
The University of Vermont (UVM) is one of North America's premier small research universities, located in a top college town in one of the most beautiful places in the U.S. We welcome international students and offer many programs and services to support their success. One of our newest programs, the UVM Global Gateway Program, is designed to offer English language support, for students who meet undergraduate admissions criteria, for students seeking a bachelor's degree.
Here is a quick look at what attracts students from throughout the U.S. and around the world to study at the University of Vermont. We also invite you to view national rankings and headlines pointing to the excellence of UVM.
UVM offers Academic Choice and Success
- 100 undergraduate majors, with distinguished programs in Business, Engineering, the Environment, Health and Life Sciences
- Strong faculty, many are recipients of national awards; overall UVM faculty research activity attracted $129 million in federal as well as private funding last year
- High level of interaction between UVM students and faculty; our student/faculty ratio is 17:1, student mentoring is one of UVM's strengths
- Honors College offering special programming for highest achieving students
- 85% of graduates are employed within one year of graduation, 19% are in graduate school
- UVM is #18 among the top 30 public US universities ranked for their success in placing students in the most prestigious medical, law, and business graduate programs in the U.S. — The Wall Street Journal
Campus is Active!
- Over 170 student clubs — popular options include the Outing Club; intramural basketball, soccer, volleyball, swimming and badminton; the Lawrence Debate Union (ranked # 7 in the world); and the World Club
- Lively downtown with shops, restaurants, sidewalk cafes; active music and arts scene (greater city area population is 150,000)
- Safe campus; low crime rate; excellent public transportation; free buses for students; exceptionally clean air and water resources
- The city of Burlington is ranked #1 healthiest city by national Centers for Disease Control
- There are many direct flights from several major U.S. cities to Burlington International Airport (BTV), located 5 kilometers from campus; frequent bus and train service is also available to Boston, Montreal, and New York City
Connect With Us
The International Admissions Staff is available to help you learn more about UVM and answer any questions about our programs and the application process. Please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 001-802-656-3370. We look forward to working with you!
Senior Assistant Director of International Admissions
Last modified November 21 2013 12:43 PM