Welcome, International Students!
The University of Vermont (UVM), founded in 1791, is a public ivy with world-class faculty, an exceptional learning experience and a vibrant campus community — all of which provide students the skills for success after graduation. The university’s campus is located in the city of Burlington, Vermont, which is ranked as one of the most desirable places to live and study in the United States.
We welcome applications from international students and offer many programs and services to support their success. Students with strong English skills are invited to apply directly into one of the university’s 100 undergraduate programs. Students who meet undergraduate admissions criteria but wish to have additional English language support are invited to apply to the UVM Global Gateway Program.
- Apply to UVM
- International Application Guide
- International Merit Scholarships
- UVM Global Gateway Program
- US Pathway Program (USPP) for Chinese and Nigerian students
National rankings and headlines
A top-ranking university making headlines
- UVM ranks #34 among 173 public universities and #82 among all national universities — U.S. News & World Report
- Read all national rankings and headlines
Academic choice and excellence
From distinguished programs to major choice and outstanding faculty
- Distinguished programs in business, engineering, the environment, health and life sciences
- 89% of UVM students have engaged in research, a capstone course, study abroad, or service learning
- UVM ranks #9 for most classes with under 20 students among top 100 national public universities — U.S. News & World Report
- 98% of undergraduate classes taught by faculty
Preparing students for career success after graduation
- 85% of graduates are employed within one year of graduation, 19% are in graduate school
- 1,160 internships listed by the UVM Career Center
- UVM is #18 among the top 30 public U.S. universities ranked for their success in placing students in the most prestigious medical, law, and business graduate programs in the U.S. — The Wall Street Journal
- Learn more about career and internship opportunities.
Active campus life
A campus that never rests
- Over 170 student clubs — popular options include the Outing Club, intramural basketball, soccer, the ski and snowboard club, debate team, and the International Careers Club
- There are 44 on-campus residence halls as well as a variety of dining options.
- UVM offers a safe campus, low crime rate, excellent public transportation and free buses for students.
Active college city
Burlington, Vermont: America's smallest big city
- The city of Burlington is ranked as a "top 10 college town" by the New York Times
- Lively downtown with shops, restaurants, sidewalk cafes, and an active music and arts scene.
- Set on the shores of Lake Champlain, between the Adirondack and the Green mountain ranges, providing easy access to a range of exciting outdoor activities.
- Many direct flights from several major U.S. cities to Burlington International Airport (BTV); frequent bus and train service is also available to Boston, Montreal, and New York City.
Last modified July 02 2014 04:11 PM