Joining the Circle
Joining the Circle is an intimate program geared toward fostering diversity for traditionally under–represented admitted students including first-generation college students and African, Latino/a, Asian and Native American ALANA students, and their families. The program is designed to help admitted students decide if UVM is the right match by offering a day on campus. Students who decide to enroll will also spend two days on campus for orientation in June.
Joining the Circle is held in conjunction with the Admitted Student Visit Day on the following day. Joining the Circle participants generally attend the Admitted Student Visit Day as well.
Check out the program details below and let us know if you have any questions by calling either John Austin at (802) 656-2915 or Debby Gale at (802) 656-4646.
2013 Joining the Circle Event
- Thursday, April 18, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Corresponding Admitted Student Visit Day:
- Friday, April 19, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Tour campus with a student guide
- Join university students and staff for discussions over lunch
- Explore academic opportunities with a professor in your major
- Meet one-on-one with a financial aid counselor
- Learn more about our residential and support service options
- Find out about a great summer opportunity
- Meet other students admitted to UVM
Travel and hotel grants are available for students who need assistance.
Admitted Student Luncheons at the ALANA Student Center
- Friday, February 22, 2013, 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Mach 22, 2013, 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
On two of the above corresponding Admitted Student Visit Days we will be offering a luncheon for you and your family at the ALANA (African, Latino(a), Asian, and Native American) Student Center on UVM's Redstone Campus.
This is an informal gathering that will help acquaint you with the ALANA Student Center and staff as well as explore the facilities. The ALANA Student Center provides support and resources to students at UVM. Learn more about the ALANA Student Center.
To RSVP for the Admitted Student Day, please make your reservation online or call us at (802) 656-3370. If you also plan to attend the luncheon, please RSVP directly to John Austin by e-mail at John.Austin@uvm.edu or by phone at (802) 656-2915.
If you can't attend Joining the Circle or an Admitted Student Visit Day, please contact John Austin (John.Austin@uvm.edu) to schedule an individual campus visit. With two weeks advance notice, we can plan a visit for you.
Last modified March 18 2013 06:30 AM