University of Vermont

2013-2014 Catalogue

Policies and General Information

Grade Appeals

A student who believes that s/he has received an unfair course grade should first contact the registrar’s office to verify that the grade submitted by the instructor is the same grade the registrar has recorded. If the grade has been recorded correctly, the student should next contact the instructor, department chair, and dean of the college/school in which the course is offered (in that order) to discuss the matter.

The following deadline must be observed by the student who wishes to appeal a grade (though extensions may be granted by the dean of the college / school offering the course). The student should contact the instructor as soon as possible, and no later than the tenth day of instruction of the semester following the assignment of the grade in question. No grade can be appealed after the student has graduated.

More detailed information is available on-line: Grade Appeals Policy Statement Link out of catalogue site..