Electrical Engineering Requirements
The curriculum in Electrical Engineering leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering offers instruction in electrical and electronic circuits, electromagnetics, semiconductor devices, signal and system analysis, communications digital systems, as well as in physical and life sciences, humanities, and social sciences.
The degree requires a minimum of 126 credits which includes 24 credits (8 courses) of technical electives. All students must select two courses from the list of University Approved Diversity courses as two of their required humanities and social sciences courses.
Students may pursue a minor provided that they fulfill all Electrical Engineering degree requirements.
Engineering design is developed and integrated into each student's program and culminates in a required major design experience which draws upon prior course work and which focuses on the issues and expectations of professional practice.
Electrical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
The Electrical Engineering program is based on a solid foundation of the mathematical and physical sciences, engineering science and design, principles of professional engineering practice, and liberal education which together prepare graduates to:
1. Succeed in careers as practicing electrical and/or computer engineers in a wide range of industrial, governmental, and educational work environments;
2. Participate as active and effective members of engineering teams (possibly multi-disciplinary), which may be composed of people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds;
3. Lead engineering teams in an effective, fair, and responsible manner;
4. Communicate effectively, in both written and oral forms, about their engineering activities and the results of those activities;
5. Educate themselves throughout their careers about advancements within their discipline and the role of their discipline in society in general;
6. Practice their profession in an ethically, socially, and environmentally responsible manner.