Political Science (Bachelor of Arts)
Thirty credits in political science:
- Four (twelve credits) core courses (POLS 021, POLS 041, POLS 051, POLS 071).
- At least fifteen credits at the advanced 100- or 200-level in political science subject to the following restrictions:
- Three credits must be at the 200-level.
- Students must complete at least one advanced 100 or 200-level course in three of the four subfields (American politics; political theory; international relations; comparative politics).
- Twelve of those fifteen credits, including the three credits at the 200-level, must be in UVM political science courses (excluding study abroad, transfer credit, readings and research).
- Three additional credits in political science at any level (can include transfer credit).
- At least fifteen of the thirty credits used to satisfy this major must be taken at the University of Vermont.
Note: Internships will not count toward the thirty credits required for the major.