University of Vermont

2012-2013 Catalogue

Environmental Sciences [CAS] (Bachelor of Science)

General Requirements

Specific Requirements

CHEM 042 or CHEM 141* or CHEM 143*; GEOL 055**** or PSS 161; STAT 141 or STAT 211 or NR 140; ENSC 001, ENSC 130, ENSC 160; BCOR 102** or CHEM 142 or CHEM 144*** or GEOL 110****; and fourteen to seventeen credits of advanced course work, chosen in consultation with the student’s advisor, in one of the following Focus Tracks:

Up-to-date course requirements for each Focus Track are available from a student’s advisor or the dean’s office; students may elect to petition to develop a Self-Design track.

Also: BCOR 011 and BCOR 012; CHEM 031 and CHEM 032 (or CHEM 035 and CHEM 036); MATH 019 and MATH 020 (or MATH 021 and MATH 022 ); PHYS 011 and PHYS 012 (or PHYS 051, PHYS 152) (physics is required only for the Environmental Chemistry Focus Track).

College of Arts and Sciences students majoring in the B.S. program in environmental sciences are required to take at least eighty-four credits of course work in the College of Arts and Sciences.

   *Required for Environmental Biology and Environmental Chemistry Focus Tracks.
   **Required for Environmental Biology Focus Track.
 ***Required for Environmental Chemistry Focus Track.
****Required for Environmental Geology Focus Track.


Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131