Graduate Courses in Elementary Education (EDEL)
- EDEL 200 - Contemporary Issues
- Designed so that its content and structure may accommodate special issues not especially appropriate within the boundaries of an existing course. Prerequisites: Twelve hours in education and related areas.
0 to 3
- EDEL 270 - Kindergarten Methods & Org
- Objectives, organization, curriculum, methods and materials, and relationships of kindergarten preschool experiences. Prerequisite: Twelve hours in education and related areas.
- EDEL 271 - Kindergarten Educ W/Lab
- Designed to acquaint the prospective kindergarten teacher with educational research conducted by Piaget, Bruner, Montessori, and others with experiences provided for working with children of kindergarten age. Prerequisite: Twelve hours in education and related areas.
- EDEL 295 - Lab Experience in Education
- Supervised field work designed to give students experience in specialized areas for their professional development. Prerequisite: Permission of the Coordinator of Professional Laboratory Experiences.
1 to 12
- EDEL 319 - Internshp Specialzd Personnel
- Students will undertake an approved internship in an institution which reflects the particular area of interest and needs of the student. Prerequisite: Permission.
1 to 6
- EDEL 334 - Social Studies in Elem Schools
- Study of literature, research, and problems in teaching social studies in the elementary school. Prerequisite: Twelve hours in education and related areas.
- EDEL 382 - Teaching Internship
- Supervised teaching experiences on a full-time basis, with related seminars in teaching subject. Prerequisite: Permission of coordinator of Professional Laboratory Experiences.
3 to 8
- EDEL 391 - Master's Thesis Research
- Thesis topic must be approved by a faculty committee.
1 to 18
- EDEL 397 - Problems in Education
- Individual work on a research problem selected by the student in consultation with a staff member. Prerequisite: Twelve hours in education and related areas; endorsement by a sponsoring faculty member.
1 to 6