University of Vermont

2012-2013 Catalogue

Policies and General Information

Change of Graduate Program

If an admitted student wishes to change to a different program offered at UVM, a request must be made by the student, in writing, to the dean of the Graduate College. Upon receipt of the request and any new supporting materials, the student's file may be forwarded to the desired program for review. It is at the discretion of the department reviewing the transfer if they require a new complete application for consideration. If both the faculty of the desired program and the dean of the Graduate College approve, the formal transfer of program is made in the Graduate College office with notification to the former program, new program, student, and registrar. The time limit for completion of the degree runs from the date of matriculation in the new program; however, all credits applied to the degree must be earned within 7 years of degree completion for master’s students and 9 for doctoral students

Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131