University of Vermont

2011-12 Online Catalogue

Civil and Environmental Engineering (Accelerated Masters Program)

Specific Requirements

Qualified undergraduate students who plan to earn a master's degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering may enroll in the program's accelerated M.S. degree program, which enables students to begin working on a master's degree while still an undergraduate. Students apply for the accelerated M.S. program in the second semester of their junior year. Upon entering the accelerated M.S. program, students may take up to nine credits of courses for graduate credit while still an undergraduate. Of these, up to six credits of 200-level or higher courses can be counted toward both the B.S. and the M.S. degrees, subject to approval of the student's graduate advisor. Students in the accelerated M.S. program typically begin work toward their master's thesis starting in the summer following their junior year. A non-thesis option is also available.

To apply for the accelerated M.S. program, students must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2 at the time of application, must submit a letter of application to the Graduate Program Coordinator naming a faculty member who has agreed to serve as their graduate advisor and must complete the Graduate College application by February 1st of their junior year.



Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131