University of Vermont

2011-12 Online Catalogue

Policies and General Information

Grade Appeals

Students who feel that they have received an unfair grade should first contact the Registrar's Office to verify that the grade submitted by the instructor is the same as that displayed on the grade report. If the grade has been reported correctly, a student should next contact the instructor, department chair, and dean of the college/school in which the course is offered (in that order) to discuss the matter. A decision to change a grade can be made only by the instructor.

Grade changes must be made by the instructor and approved by the student's dean by the end of the first month of the following semester unless an extension is granted by the student's dean.

More detailed information is available on-line: Grade Appeals Policy Statement Link out of catalogue site..

Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131