CALS Degree Requirements
All programs in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences lead to the Bachelor of Science degree and require:
- The successful completion of a minimum of 120 credits of course work.
- A minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.00.
- Completion of the CALS Core Competencies.
- CALS 001 and CALS 002 - "Foundations" or equivalent courses.
- The University requires two courses addressing diversity for all incoming first-year and incoming transfer students. At least one course must be completed from the category one requirements. These diversity credits will satisfy 6 of the 12 social science and humanities requirements for the college.
- All courses as specified in individual program majors.
The applicability of courses to specific areas is based on content and not departmental label. Applicability of courses to fulfill requirements rests with the student's advisor and, if necessary, concurrence of the Dean of the College.