2010-11 Online Catalogue
Courses in Pathology (PATH)
- PATH 101 - Intro to Human Disease
- Elementary course in human pathology designed for Allied Health students. First portion deals with general mechanisms of disease, followed by disorders of specific organs. Prerequisites: College biology, anatomy, and physiology.
- PATH 295 - Advanced Special Topics
- See Schedule of Courses for specific titles.
1 to 3
- PATH 305 - Molecular Mech Environ Disease
- Introductory course on molecular and cellular pathways of disease induction and development. Emphasis on environmental diseases. For graduate students and postdoctoral fellows and undergraduates with permission of course director. Alternate years.
- PATH 306 - Pathobiology of Disease
- Computer-assisted basic pathology series with emphasis on skin, lung, brain, and digestive tract. Alternate years with 305.
- PATH 375 - ST:Molecular Pathobiology
- Five independent, rotating one-semester modules concerning: Atherosclerosis, DNA Replication, Human Genetics, Cell Imaging Techniques, Cell Signalling in Differentiation and Apoptosis, and Cancer Genetics. Each course based on critical review of the primary literature. Alternate years. Prerequsites: BIOC 301, BIOC 302 or instructor's permission. Open to undergraduates with instructor's permission.
- PATH 391 - Master's Thesis Research
1 to 18
- PATH 395 - Special Topics
- Special Topics in Pathology. Prerequisites: Graduate Students, Departmental Permission Immunology (MMG 223) desirable. Alternate year course with PATH 305.
1 to 12