2010-11 Online Catalogue
Courses in Art Education (EDAR)
- EDAR 140 - Foundation Studio El Ed Majors
- Students select a foundation studio course (ART 002, ART 003 or ART 004) from those sections designated each semester on the course schedule. See course descriptions listed under ART
- EDAR 177 - Curriculum & Pract in Elem Art
- Study and implementation of curriculum in elementary school. Students work directly in an elementary classroom. Lectures and discussions. Prerequisites: Eighteen hours studio art, junior standing.
- EDAR 178 - Curriculum&Pract Middle/HS Art
- Study and implementation of curriculum in middle and high school. Students work directly in a middle or high school. Lectures and discussions. Prerequisite: Eighteen hours studio, junior standing.
- EDAR 200 - Contemporary Issues
- Designed so that its content and structure may accommodate special issues not especially appropriate within the boundaries of an existing course. Prerequisites: Twelve hours in education and related areas. One to six hours.
1 to 6
- EDAR 283 - Current Issues in Art & Ed
- Research and discussion of issues relevant to contemporary art and the teaching of art. Prerequisite: Senior standing or permission.
- EDAR 284 - Current Issues in Art & Ed
- Research, discussions, and field work relevant to contemporary art and the teaching of art. Prerequisite: Junior standing or permission.
- EDAR 295 - Laboratory Experience in Educ
- Supervised field work designed to give students experience in specialized areas for their professional development. Prerequisite: Permission of the Coordinator of Professional Laboratory Experiences. One to six hours.
1 to 15