2010-11 Online Catalogue
Courses in American Sign Language (ASL)
- ASL 001 - American Sign Language I
- Introduction of American Sign Language with emphasis on visual receptive and expressive use including facial expressions and gestures. Elements of the Deaf Culture are explored.
- ASL 002 - American Sign Language II
- Discusses concepts and principles: advanced vocabulary, grammar patterns, use of space/modulation of signs for time/location. Further explores Deaf Culture. Prerequisite: ASL 001 or CMSI 001 or equivalent.
- ASL 051 - American Sign Language III
- Stresses fluency of expressive and receptive skills for conversational competence. Introduces increasingly complex grammatical aspects. In-depth study of Deaf Culture. Prerequisites: ASL 002 or CMSI 002 or equivalent.
- ASL 052 - American Sign Language IV
- Expansion of ASL III. Intended to refine competence in receptive and expressive abilities through exposure to stylistic and regional ASL renditions. Deaf Community involvement. Prerequisite: ASL 051 or CMSI 051 or equivalent.
- ASL 195 - Intermediate Special Topics
- See Schedule of Courses for specific titles.
1 to 18