Global Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- College of Arts and Sciences Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts
- Requirements for All Undergraduate Degree Students
30 credit hours, including GRS 001 (Introduction to Global Studies); GRS 200 (Seminar in Global Studies); and four core courses drawn from disciplines relevant to Global Studies. To fulfill these core requirements, students shall take one course from each of the following three thematic areas, and a fourth core course in the thematic area of their choice.
- Political-Economic Perspectives on Globalization: POLS 051, EC 040, CDAE 002
- Human and Environmental Perspectives on Globalization: ANTH 021, GEOG 050, ENVS 002
- Humanities Perspectives on Globalization: HST 010, or appropriate intro-level globalization and literature course.
Remaining twelve credits for the major should be drawn from the list of Global Studies electives each semester, study abroad program, or in consultation with the GS advisor. Nine of these elective credits must be at the 100-level or higher. No more than nine credits used toward the major may be taken from any one discipline. In addition, majors must complete either four courses at or above the 100-level in any foreign language OR a minor in a foreign language.