2009-10 Online Catalogue
Canadian Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- College of Arts and Sciences Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts
- Requirements for All Undergraduate Degree Students
The Canadian Studies major requires at least 30 credit hours to consist of the following:
- Three required courses: GRS 091 - Introduction to Canada]]; HST 066 - Canada Since 1868; GRS 296 - Seminar on Modern Canada.
- Seven additional courses, of which at least six must be at the 100-level or above, and of which at least five must be chosen from the following 100 percent Canadian content list: GRS 195, GRS 196, GRS 295; ANTH 167; ARTH 180, ARTH 282 (when topic is Canadian); BSAD 234; ENGS 180; FREN 293, FREN 285; GEOG 152; GEOL 272, GEOL 273 (when this field course goes to Canada); HST 065, HST 265, HST 165; POLS 173.
- Majors will study French language through the intermediate level (FREN 052) or higher.
Majors are strongly encouraged to acquire an intermediate/advanced proficiency by completing at least FREN 201. Majors pursuing intermediate/advanced proficiency should consult with the Canadian Studies faculty of the Romance Languages Department to determine an appropriate plan of study.