Environmental Studies [CALS] (Bachelor of Science)
The Major in Environmental Studies is an interdisciplinary program available to qualified students upon approval of the Director of the Environmental Program.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Core Competencies
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Degree Requirements
- Requirements for All Undergraduate Degree Students
Environmental Studies students majoring through the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) must complete a minimum of 122 credit hours,including two hours of physical education, with a minimum GPA of 2.0, and fulfill the following requirments:
1. the CALS Core Competencies;
2. the Enviromental Studies Major Core and the Individually Designed Program: 30 credit hours of approved environmentally-related course at the 100 level or above, including three hours at the 200 level, with at least one environmentally related course in each of the following areas: natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, and international studies (may be fulfilled with study abroad experience). For more information, contact Elizabeth Getchell (Elizabeth.Getchell@uvm.edu).
- Colleges and Schools: College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. College of Arts and Sciences. The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Departments and Programs: Environmental Studies.