Academic Policies and General Information
Name and Address Exclusion
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 grants to all students the right not to have personal information contained in the records of the University released to any individual, agency, or organization. UVM feels that the following constitutes such personal information.
- Address (including e-mail address)
- Telephone number
- Dates of attendance
- Previous institution(s) attended
- Major field of study
- Enrollment status
- Honors (including Dean�s list)
- Degree(s) conferred (including dates)
- Past and present participation in officially recognized sports and activities
- Physical factors (height, weight of athletes)
- Date and place of birth
Students who do not wish to have the above information released should fill out an information exclusion card at the Student Service Center, Waterman Bldg., 3rd Floor. Please refer to Web page on FERPA and information exclusion.