Academic Policies and General Information
Accelerated Degree Programs
UVM offers accelerated degree and combined bachelor's and master's programs in several areas. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accelerated Master's Programs A number of departments and programs provide opportunities for selected undergraduates to participate in Accelerated Master's Programs (AMPs). This option is available for admission to graduate programs in Animal and Food Sciences, Biology, Biomedical Technology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Education (Curriculum and Instruction and Professional Education), History, Materials Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Nursing, Public Administration, and Statistics. The AMP allows early admission to graduate studies with up to six concurrent credits double-counted toward the bachelorís and master's degrees.
- 3+3 Veterinary Medicine Program Students receive a combined BS/DVM from UVM's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and Tufts University. Students apply during their application for undergraduate admission to UVM.
- Accelerated Licensure/Master's in Secondary Education Students apply during their junior year at UVM.
- 3+3 BS/DPT Program Students are eligible for direct matriculation into the doctor of physical therapy program following successful completion of the requirements of their undergraduate major. Eligible majors include: Exercise and Movement Science, Nutrition and Food Science, Biological Sciences, Biology (BA), Sociology, or Communication Sciences.
- 4+1 MBA Program Available to business majors and
business minors. Students apply in their junior year.
Consult the Graduate College catalogue or appropriate dean's office for information about these or other accelerated degree programs.