University of Vermont

Official 2007-2008 Catalogue Site

2007-08 Online Catalogue

Academic Policies and General Information

Change of Graduate Program

If an admitted student wishes to change to a different program offered at UVM, a request must be made by the student, in writing, to the Dean of the Graduate College. Upon receipt of the request, the student's file will be forwarded to the desired program for review. If both the faculty of the desired program and the Dean of the Graduate College approve, the formal transfer of program is made in the Graduate College Office with notification to the former program, new program, student, and Registrar. The time limit for completion of the degree runs from the date of matriculation in the new program, with credit brought in subject to the appropriate transfer of credit limitation.