The Burlington Boathouse offers a lakeside cafe, boat rentals and views of the Adirondack Mountains.
Ski resorts on Mount Mansfield are just 45 to 60 minutes away.
- 220 miles northwest of Boston, 285 miles north of New York City and 100 miles southeast of Montreal
- Largest city in Vermont, with a population of 40,000 and more than 132,000 people in the greater area
- Waterfront park, public boathouse and beaches
- Spectacular views of Lake Champlain and the Green and Adirondack Mountains from throughout the city
- Seven-mile lakeside bikepath for walkers, bladers, runners and cyclists
- Off-road trails for mountain bikers and hikers
- Named a top city for outside activities, the arts, safety and overall quality of life by Outside, The New York Times, Arts & Entertainment, Traveler and other national media
- Church Street Marketplace, a lively pedestrian zone lined with shops, restaurants, sidewalk cafes and coffeehouses
- Burlington Town Center mall features national chains such as Abercrombie & Fitch, J. Crew, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Filene's and Starbucks, as well as boutiques
- Vibrant arts scene attracts national acts to the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts, Memorial Auditorium and local music clubs
- 25 to 60 minutes to ski resorts, including Bolton Valley, Stowe, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen and Smuggler's Notch
- Area events and attractions include Burlington Discover Jazz Festival, Burlington City Marathon, Vermont Reggae Festival, Vermont Mozart Festival, Shelburne Museum, Ben & Jerry's factory tours and more
Last modified January 07 2013 03:39 PM