Mission, Vision & Strategic Goals
The University of Vermont has embraced a vision of academic excellence predicated on investment in faculty and staff, in student scholarships, in programmatic initiatives like the Honors College, in attractive residence halls that promote community, in new academic and research facilities, in a student center and enhanced student programming, in intercollegiate athletics, in maintenance and beautification of the campus, and in instructional technology.
To be among the nation’s premier small research universities, preeminent in our comprehensive commitment to liberal education, environment, health, and public service. Learn about our spires of excellence.
To create, evaluate, share, and apply knowledge and to prepare students to be accountable leaders who will bring to their work dedication to the global community, a grasp of complexity, effective problem-solving and communication skills, and an enduring commitment to learning and ethical conduct.
To realize our vision to be among the nation’s premier small research universities, we must take these actions:
- Diversity: Build a diverse and globally aware university community sustained by an inclusive, supportive, and just campus climate.
- Academic programs: Increase the quality and stature of academic programs and align undergraduate and graduate education with institutional priorities.
- Scholarship: Focus and strengthen research, scholarship, and the creative arts, and develop outstanding graduate programs that support the creation and sharing of knowledge.
- Student experience: Provide a distinctive university experience that prepares students for success as accountable leaders in the 21st century.
- Institutional efficacy: As an institution, model the highest standard of ethical conduct, accountability and best practice, public service, and strong commitment to lifelong learning.
Last modified January 07 2013 03:43 PM