According to a report in The Huffington Post, UVM and Burlington are among the 10 best places to go to college.
The UVM College of Medicine was established in 1822 as the nation's seventh medical school.
UVM is a college with a conscience: UVM was featured along with other service-minded universities in The Princeton Review's "Colleges with a Conscience: 81 Great Schools with Outstanding Community Involvement."
- 220 miles northwest of Boston, 285 miles north of New York City and 90 miles southeast of Montreal
- Located on Lake Champlain and between the Green and Adirondack Mountains, the city boasts breathtaking views of each
- 25 to 60 minutes to ski resorts, including Bolton Valley, Stowe, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen and Smuggler's Notch
- Largest city in Vermont, with a city population of about 40,000
- 150,000 people in the greater Burlington area
Claims To Fame
- Burlington is located on Lake Champlain — a stunning lake with 587 miles (945 kilometers) of shoreline.
- Waterfront park, public boathouse and beaches
- 7.5-mile lakeside bikepath for walkers, bladers, runners and cyclists
- Off-road trails for mountain bikers and hikers
- Named a top city for outside activities, the arts, safety and overall quality of life by Outside, Travel + Leisure, The New York Times, Arts & Entertainment, Traveler and other national media
- Church Street Marketplace, a lively pedestrian zone lined with shops, restaurants, sidewalk cafes and coffeehouses
- Burlington Town Center mall features national chains such as Lululemon, City Sports, Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie & Fitch, J.Crew, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Macy's and Starbucks, as well as locally owned boutiques
- Vibrant arts scene attracts national acts to the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts, Memorial Auditorium and local music clubs
- Area events and attractions include Burlington Discover Jazz Festival, Burlington City Marathon, Vermont Reggae Festival, Vermont Mozart Festival, Shelburne Museum, Ben & Jerry's factory tours and more
Last modified January 07 2013 03:39 PM